START A GROUP IN YOUR CHURCH OR MINISTRY
Some of the toughest challenges woman face are guilt and shame they sometimes feel towards divorce and faith. This curriculum fosters forgiveness, growth and community as the program assists Christian women on their spiritual journey after divorce.
The Ministry package provides leaders with all the resources needed to facilitate a group including 12 DVDs, a Leader’s Workbook covering all 12 topics, a 1 hour Training Session on how to start and facilitate a group and 10 Participant Workbooks with all 12 topics and a Personalized Life Plan section. Individual particant workbooks are available for purchase at our store for additional participants and subsequent groups.
The Benefits of Offering a Group in this Setting
- God has created women with an extra dose of relational needs and emotions – that is His design. Women crave community and belonging (God placed that in us as well) and groups help meet those needs. Even if it is the interaction with the women on the DVDs.
- As women embark on their emerging next steps, having the support and encouragement from other women is very helpful. Women will also follow the spirit and attitude of the group and become role models for one another. If other women are taking positive steps toward change, growth and rebuilding a life the other side of divorce it will have an effect on the other women to stay in action.
- It is important for women to see and be with other women who take responsibility for their choices and their new reality and not staying stuck in negative and toxic emotions such as: denial, shame, bitterness, regret.
- Stories shared by women about their lives being interrupted by divorce and God showing up are powerful testimonies for other women who may be struggling in their faith or with even having a faith.
- If women don’t know other women in their community – the group will give them a place to connect so they don’t feel so alone. When women go through a divorce their friends and support system usually changes and they no longer know where they “fit in” and they desperately need a place to belong. Divorce tramples on self-worth and self-confidence and we often witness women isolating themselves.
- The group allows for women to have a safe place to share their inner lives, fears, concerns and frustrations. For a woman to know she isn’t alone in this journey is such a blessing. Groups are also a place for women to begin evolving authentically.
- Ministry groups are less costly than individual coaching and counseling sessions.
- Women experiencing similar journeys find there is a unique emotional identification that is different from the type of support they receive from professionals, family members or friends. If the group is effective, the women will evolve more authentically and inspire one another to dream a new dream.
- Having a place to belong while making life-changes is life-giving and improves self-confidence and a woman’s overall well-being.